It was with great sadness that on the 18th March we were forced to close our doors to our valued customers. Safety has always been a top priority here at Chariots, and as the Coronavirus takes its toll on the country, it was essential for the protection of everyone that we closed. We will be back, but until then we want to help you to enjoy a little taste of Chariots at home.
These are strange, unchartered times and now, more than ever, it’s essential to protect our mental health. So, we’ve compiled a list of ways to help recreate your own ‘stay at home’ version of Chariots…and to give yourself some much needed time out from all the madness surrounding us right now.
So, what is a visit to Chariots – London’s premier gay sauna – all about? Having a good time, relaxing with like-minded men and enjoying top-class spa facilities, right? Then, let’s get creative…
- Spa pool – we’ve talked in past blog posts about the benefits of a relaxing spa and whilst you might not have jet bubbles, the foamy variety still creates a relaxing bath. Dim the lights, light a candle and lie back in hot bubbly water – if you have some, add a few drops of essential oils to soothe your senses further and feel the stresses of your day just float away.
- Steam room – we are going old school with this one and bringing back the DIY steam facial. Pour hot water into a bowl then lean over the steam placing a towel over your head and the bowl to trap the hot air in. Again, if you have some, add essential oils to the water. The steam will really open up pores, helping to remove impurities and boost circulation.
- Company – one of our main attractions is the chance to meet and spend time with people. Luckily, in today’s world, being isolated at home no longer means being cut off. A quick search online and you’ll discover hordes of chat forums and social networking apps where you can hook up with friends…and maybe even discover a few new ones.
- Relaxation apps – whilst you’re checking out apps, download a few relaxation ones too. There’s a huge selection offering relaxation techniques, breathing exercises, music and more – all helping to unwind, destress and de-clutter your mind.
- Enjoy the quiet – although this is undoubtedly a scary time, never before has the whole world come to a standstill. Try to take some positives from it and enjoy the peace and quiet. Open your windows – you won’t hear traffic or pedestrians rushing by, just the sounds of nature reawakening for spring.
Ok, so you’re not going to be able to recreate the full Chariots experience in your living room, but hopefully, whilst home is the safest place to be, these few ideas will keep you going. As for many businesses, this will be a struggle to for us to survive, but we dearly hope to re-open again soon and look forward to welcoming you. Until then, stay safe, stay strong. Love all at Chariots x